American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS)
ASOA is pleased to announce it has joined with the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) as a "Non-Profit Partner" to offer ASOA members an ophthalmic specific certified scribe program.
Any staff members that will be entering Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) information for Medication, Laboratory and Radiology Orders to attest for meaningful use must be certified or credentialed.
ACMSS is extending medical practice discounts to its members through a non-profit partnership toward certification as a Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS). Certification is on a voluntary basis via the Medical Scribe Certification & Aptitude Test (MSCAT). ACMSS meets meaningful use CPOE FAQ 9058.
ASOA members receive an additional discount based on volume of registrants, with minimum volume purchase of 5 or greater. You must also be an ACMSS member in order to participate. Membership is $20 and entitles you to 3 attempts to pass the exam.
Instructions for participating:
- Visit the ACMSS Store
- Click on MSCAT Volume Instructions
- Purchase Volume Certification/products (HIPAA for Scribes, MSCAT Study/Training Guide)
- Enter promo code "ACMSS Certified" upon checkout
- Assign products/certifications to medical scribes. Each scribe will receive an email to login
- Scribes will Sign In, click Certification Assessments tab, MSCAT, and choose "Ophthalmology" from the Specialty MSCAT selection